Sunday, December 05, 2010

What happened to the plan for HIV / AIDS vaccine cons?

If you love photography and are willing to do an HIV test, you can win the reputation of the Sunday Times for your talent.

Francois Venter

CREATIVE: Francois Venter takes a picture, just like her sister Maria Photos Sibanyoni HIV test: Simon Mathebula

"Knowledge is the first step to recovery and most patients have to wait until they are about to die"

But here's the challenge: you have to score a memorable portrait, taking the HIV test with your camera phone.

The Sunday Times and the SA AIDS Conference 2011 5th, the introduction of Now I Know photo contest to promote South Africans of today, their status and share their experiences to explore visually. Directory results remain confidential.

Editor Ray Hartley of the Sunday Times said: "The Sunday Times is 100% behind this important initiative.

"All South Africans should be tested in order to take controlling of their health."

Each of January next year in the 5th SA AIDS Conference in June, a winner and his extraordinary recording will be published in the newspaper.

The picture qualities of the phone are generally lower than the professional camera, but the campaign aims to reach South Africans from all communities to participate

All pictures submitted for the contest in June to the 5th SA AIDS Conference, one of the biggest events emitted that AIDS worldwide.

The six winners will also be givens free admission to the conference.

Conference co-chairman Professor Francois Venter, said: "There was never much hope for people living with HIV at this time. We have good drugs to treat AIDS and the Internet throughout the country"

Venter, president of the Association of Physicians for HIV in South Africa, added: "People have many reasons why they do not want to know their HIV status.

"Are you afraid or concerned about the effects?

"These are all real, but the virus eventually occurs, and it is better to know if you're healthy when you are sick."

Director of Conferences Sengwe Dira, Dr. Gustaaf Wolvaardt said: "If people do not know their status, cannot access to care.

"Knowledge is the first step toward recovery, still waiting for most patients until it ends at death's door before entering"

In April the government launched a national consultation and HIV testing (HCT) the campaign to 15 million South Africans HIV, diabetes and high blood pressure monitor in June next year.

Dr. Thobile Mbengashe, the chief director of HIV / AIDS at the Ministry of Health said: "We had the great challenge of responding to the attention of 5.7 million South Africans living with HIV, and do not have the status that people to mobilize. Test.”

Now I know to support the campaign and the two HCT will end in June

It’s the fourth year of testing for HIV, the Sunday Times and its partners since 2006.

Everyone knows someone that the first initiative is to encourage readers to share their experiences of living with HIV / AIDS.

The second campaign, called every five celebrities Reach, to test the people featured five people and recruit more obliged to do the same thing.

The most recent competition, the right to know, calling rewards people for HIV testing.

Now I know that competition calls to people in the creative aspect.

The first entries must be postmarked by January 1 next year for evaluation.

1 comment:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who help me in my life. I was infected with HIV virus in the 2012,i went to many hospitals, churches for cure but there was no solution out, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that i cannot loose my life, I lost everything I have my husband run away from me and also took my children along because of my sickness. One day I was in the river side thinking the next step to take if it is to jump into the river so that I can loose my life totally or just think where I can go to get solution. so a lady walk to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to him telling her my stories, she told me that she can help me out that’s the reason she normally come here to help people so that thy can be cured because she was into this problem before, she introduce me to a doctor who cast spells on people and gave me his number and email so i called him and also email him. He told me all the things I need to provide and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening he called me and told me that i should go for an HIV test and which i did as he told me and the result was negative. so if you are also heart brokened and also need a help you can also email him at dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com OR call +2349055637784

    ReplyDelete