Saturday, December 18, 2010

GeoVax Announces Expansion of the second phase of man against HIV / AIDS Vaccine Trial Phase 2, 225-300 users expanded

ATLANTA, 6 December 2010 / PRNewswire / - GeoVax Labs, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: GOVX), today announced the expansion of the second phase of study examines the HIV / AIDS vaccine products. Second studies phase flow, the administration of three doses of other recombinant viruses of the family MVA62B without the use of recombinant DNA vaccine vectors, immune responses in the first part of this study was to test. After completion of the 150 study participants, the vaccine produced two DNA vaccines followed by two doses of MVA will be 75 participants from three immunizations with the MVA vaccine, and 75 participants received placebo. Registration for the second phase opened on December 6.

GeoVax vaccine developed two components: a vector recombinant DNA vaccine and a recombinant MVA vaccine vector. Both are non-infectious virus-like particles in the body of a vaccinated person. This should be non-infectious particles are "train" the immune system designed to detect HIV virus in the vaccine recipient of the vaccinated person should be exposed to the virus itself. Induce both DNA and MVA vaccines humeral (antibody) and cellular responses (CTL). The antibodies can block the virus before it infects cells. Cytotoxic T cells can recognize and kill cells infected by a virus. The vaccine has been developed to control HIV clade B. Clade B HIV is found in North America, Central America and South America, Western Europe, Australia and Japan.

"I like the simplicity of using only one MVA vaccine vector because it is a therapy that could easily be nominated for the world to be. The data came from our Phase 1 study and recent clinical data using a model of non-human primates supports the 'simplified use of this vaccine, "said Harriet Robinson, Chief Scientific Advisor GeoVax.

Phase 2, a large study funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of S. U. National Institutes of Health and conducted by the HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN). The HVTN is the largest global network of clinical trials dedicated to develop and testing HIV / AIDS vaccines against . The study has the same name as the original second phase HVTN 205 study.

About GeoVax Labs, Inc.

GeoVax is a biotechnology company that develops vaccines for diseases caused by HIV (human immunodeficiency virus - the leading AIDS) and other causes of infectious agents. Our goals include the development of vaccines against HIV / AIDS to global markets, production monitoring and control of these vaccines under GMP / GLP (FDA guidelines), clinical studies of vaccine safety and efficiency and approvals regulations to move foreword in the product. Prevention of all Phase 1 clinical trials in humans to various doses and combinations of our DNA and MVA vaccines for their ability to anti-HIV-humeral (antibody) and cellular (cytotoxic T lymphocytes) to improve the immune response and now examined the safety of vaccines. The positive results of Phase 1 test supported the opening of the first phase 2 studies. GeoVax phase 2 trial of man began in January 2009 and will ultimately lead to 300 people in offices in the United States and South America. GeoVax recently began enrolling patients in a phase 1 study of therapy for people already infected with HIV.

Foreword-Looking Statements

Certain statements in this document are "foreword-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act; these statements are based on management's current expectations and subject to uncertainties and changes in circumstances. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in such statements due to numerous factors, including: GeoVax develop and produce their vaccines with the desired properties in a timely fashion, the vaccines are safe for human consumption GeoVax, GeoVax vaccine effective prevention of AIDS in humans, the vaccines must obtain regulatory approvals to be approved and marketed, GeoVax capital for the development of vaccines raises really necessary is the development of competitive products that can effectively and easily use products that will be GeoVax able to enter a low production and distribution, and other factors over which GeoVax not control. GeoVax assumes no obligation to update these foreword-looking and does not intend to do. For more information about these factors is GeoVax filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those contained in the section entitled "Risk Factors" in Form 10-K GeoVax.

1 comment:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who help me in my life. I was infected with HIV virus in the 2012,i went to many hospitals, churches for cure but there was no solution out, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that i cannot loose my life, I lost everything I have my husband run away from me and also took my children along because of my sickness. One day I was in the river side thinking the next step to take if it is to jump into the river so that I can loose my life totally or just think where I can go to get solution. so a lady walk to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to him telling her my stories, she told me that she can help me out that’s the reason she normally come here to help people so that thy can be cured because she was into this problem before, she introduce me to a doctor who cast spells on people and gave me his number and email so i called him and also email him. He told me all the things I need to provide and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening he called me and told me that i should go for an HIV test and which i did as he told me and the result was negative. so if you are also heart brokened and also need a help you can also email him at dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com OR call +2349055637784

    ReplyDelete